I’m super excited to share this coconut macaroons recipe with you as they really are an easy bake with minimal time required and minimal time to eat them!
Ingredients (makes 9):
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 100g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla essence
- In a separate bowl, add your egg whites and salt and whisk until stiff peaks form
- Once you have stiff peaks, fold this into the coconut mixture
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, place mounds of the coconut mixture onto your prepared baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack whilst you melt your chocolate
- Once your chocolate is melted, either by using the microwave in short spurts or over a pan of hot water, drizzle over the macaroons.
And there you have it, soft and chewy coconut macaroons!